Sgt. Stephen Gordon
Ogdensburg Police Department
PO Box 45 Ogdensburg. NJ 07439
Phone 973.827.3160/ Fax 973.827.0271
Applicant must complete and submit to this department the following:
1. Applicant must complete and submit to this department, the appropriate application forms along with a mental health record release form. These forms are available at police headquarters or http://www.njsp.org/.
2. An $18.00 check payable to the Division of State Police-SBI when requesting an address change, Lost I.D. Card, and when applying for hand gun permits. A Police officer will explain if the additional $18.00 applies to your request.
3. Fingerprinting is now done at an approved fingerprinting site (not at the Ogdensburg Police Department.) However one must check in with the Police department to obtain a file number prior to being fingerprinting. A Police Officer can assist with any questions concerning where to go to have the fingerprinting done
Firearms Identification Card / Pistol Permit Application Instructions & Check list
Follow this IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A FIREARMS ID CARD
- Form must be completed in Black Ink/or Log onto www.njsp.org and complete online. (2 copies req.)
- Boxes #1-#29 must be completed or form will not be accepted, Box #1 & Box #31 Must include Full Name (including middle name), Complete Mailing Address including Zip Code, along with the 10 Digit Telephone Number.
- At time of application submission, a fee of $5.00 will be collected for application of Firearms ID Card and a fee of $2.00 will be collected for each Permit to Purchase a Handgun. Must Be In Cash. You will be given a blank form for Morpho Trak and issued a case#. Follow the directions to schedule an appointment to be fingerprinted. Mental Health Records Search Form Must be completed.
Follow this IF YOU ALREADY HAVE A FIREARMS ID CARD
Application For Pistol Permit Only
Complete Form STS-33 as per instructions above.
- A certified check or money order for $18.00 made payable to DIVISION OF STATE POLICE — SBI must be submitted at time of application.
- Form SBI-212A must be completed (Yellow Sheet)
- A fee of $2.00 cash will be collected for each Permit applied for.
- Mental Health Records Search Form Must be completed.